Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be North Carolina residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WXLV viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WXLV (the “Station”), WMYV, LiveNation, Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per cell phone number. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) To enter, text ELTON to the short code 43817. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Text STOP to 43817 to cancel. Text HELP to 43817 for help. Entrants will receive up to 5 messages relating to this contest. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on February 5, 2013, and all entries must be received by Station by 11:59p.m. EST on February 9, 2013. Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received.
(d) One (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries on February 11, 2013.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One winner will be selected. The winner will two (2) tickets to see Elton John on April 6, 2013 at Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum. The prize is valued at $320 ($160 each ticket). The Station and sponsor are not responsible in the even the concert is cancelled or postponed.
2. Winners will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 5 days of notification, at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner cannot be notified within 5 days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WXLV-TV, 3500 Myer Lee Dr, Winston-Salem, NC 27101, and on the ABC45.com
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WXLV-TV, 3500 Myer Lee Dr, Winston-Salem, NC 27101 by March 1, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC., LiveNation, and Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum, accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.